Monday, July 21, 2008

THE REEK IN WEVIEW

THE WEEK IN REVIEW
For mutual this week we took the kids canoeing down the Verde River in canoes. They all seemed to have a good time, but it was sure miserable staying out of the water in the humid heat.

Saturday was a good day. Early in the morning I went with Joe, Tyler Boyle and a few others riding at the new Grindingstone Motocross Track. It is just past the river on the Beeline Highway. We had a good time and I am sure sore. I just need to do it more.

Marci and Jordan came up with this scheme where I thought that the Colemans had borrowed my truck, Jordan had to work for Kara’s Dad and I was completely oblivious of them putting a new stereo in my truck. It sounds great and is what I have been wanting for a long time.

The biggest news for Jake was that we got a video game called “Rock Band”. You can play the drums or the guitar that it comes with or sing. You have to set it on one of the levels from beginner to expert and then it scores you on how well you play the notes. It is quite hard for an uncoordinated guy like me, but Jake is king of this game. Jake loves it. McKayla and David and even Marci have played a lot too. (Aunt Edna has to have her hands over her ears or watch with ear plugs in)

David went to day camp this week. Friday night they did a 2.4 mile hike in the Superstition Mountains and then Saturday went swimming.

I dropped Jakob off for Football camp this morning. I think that he is a little afraid how hard it is going to be. He will do great and will hopefully have a great time this year. First game is August 29th. WAR EAGLE!!

Jordan is working, but hates working on Sunday. He is always off around 10 or 11, but he misses mission prep class and just doesn’t like the working on Sunday part. He has gotten to be a pretty good mechanic. He replaced the fork seals on his dirt bike, pulled out the motor and is rebuilding the top end. This week it goes back together.

McKayla is helping her mom around the house and spending time with friends.

Oh, I also sent a picture of Grandpa Joe and some narrative to PaysonRimCountry.Com. They had a space for him, but no picture. I fixed that. You can see it at http://www.paysonrimcountry.com/WesternHeritage/FamousCowboys/tabid/106/Default.aspx
They didn’t use exactly what I wrote and got some facts wrong but hey it’ll fly.

Have a good week. Love ya’ll. Ro

Love ya'll

No comments: