Monday, July 28, 2008

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, Knees and Toes....

Ro – I feel like the past few weeks have caused me to age 10 years. It must because I had a birthday. I guess 47 is the age that you are officially old, time to sell the motorcycle and get a quad or electric scooter. You know the song “Head, Shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes, knees and toes, head, shoulders knees and toes, eyes, ears, mouth and nose.” It is not a primary song but a list of what hurts and doesn’t work! I have also learned why the jokes about fiber, BM’s and a healthy colon are so funny. They are so true! TMI?

Marci – She is a ROCKSTAR on the guitar (rockband that is) She misses her daughter. I had to talk long and hard to convince her that McKayla had only been gone 3 days and not a week and 3 days.

Jordan – is looking to change jobs. It will be nice for him to not have to work Sundays and be able to attend the stake mission prep class on Sunday mornings.
He spent a lot of time putting his bike back together and now has it over to Gary’s shop for the fine tuning. Jetting and fork oil levels. I, for one, was very impressed with his mechanical ability.

Jakob – Jake got home from football camp on Saturday. He has some great stories of putting people on their butt and catching passes for touchdowns. The first thing he wanted was two Carl’s Jr. Burgers. He seemed happy to be home to sleep in his own bed, eat real food and shower alone! We missed him.

McKayla – went to Franks on Thursday. Jordan was great to take her there and then turn around and come right back. What a guy! She sounds like she is having a good time with cousins. They were up at Brian Head until Sunday and now they are back in Vegas.

David – He has become the ROCKBAND drummer of the family, but his mom cut his hair so now he doesn’t look the part!

It has been a good week. Jordan and I are trying hard to finish the Book of Mormon before the other does. This week I was reading about Christ’s visit to the Americas. It is real! My week has been great because of the amount of time I have spent reading and the subject matter of my text. I know that my feelings will not come through in text, but the words of the Book of Mormon are true and the more I study the simple words of Christ the more I see the brilliance of the light he offers.

SSsssssssssssssssssssseeee ya, Ro

No comments: